September 27, 2016

Best Books for Investor-Wannabes



If you have followed me in Facebook, you might get bombarded with my posts about investments, savings, business ideas and the likes. Some might find it annoying but you are probably want to try it a shot (That's why you're now reading my blog). Well, searching it in the internet is a good idea but you might end up not learning at all. I collected bestselling-books as much as I can because that's my passion since I was young.


I'm very impulsive in terms of books, mostly finance books. My hands are shaking  when I see a title that I know I can get something from. I find it so exciting to collect books and when I'm in a bookstore, I feel a sense of kilig.  I believe that successful investors are also good readers, and we need to read to learn and grow. 


The more we read good books, the more we will be equipped. There are few that I can recommend for  an aspiring investors to begin collecting for a good start.

Till debt do us part-Chinkee Tan


Are you married with your debts?  This the right time to get a divorce. Saving and getting out from your debts work hand in hand. In this book you will learn that everyone has the opportunity and capacity to save. But the problem is most people do not know how. It could be due to the lack of discipline in handling money or to savings just getting depleted easily. One can come up with dozens of reasons why it is so hard to save. But one lesson I have learned from this book is either you make a way or you make excuses. Read this while you are starting to build your emergency fund.Chinkee Tan has also authored best selling books such as "How I made my first Million","Rich God, Poor God","For Richer and for Poorer" 



Wealth within your reach "Pera mo,Palaguin mo"-Francisco Colayco 




I bought this book few years ago and  some of my financial foundations are through this book.It is not enough to just save your money. It is a good thing but it does not end there. You have to learn how to make it grow and invest it in stocks, mutual funds, or bonds and other investment instruments to make it grow.This is highly recommended to the OFW. 





My maid invest in the stock market-Bo Sanchez 



The title alone is catchy and funny. Could you believe that this is not a made up story? In this inspiring yet highly practical book, you’ll read the fascinating story of how he helped three of his house helpers invest in the stock market and build their retirement fund. In this book,the author will tell you how he taught them the 5-envelope system. He’ll explain how he painted a clear vision of their future in their minds. Bo believes that you can retire a multi millionaire by investing in the stock market. Because if his helpers can do it, you can, too. 





No nonsense personal finance-Randell Tiongson


Randell Tiongson is a widely respected personality in personal finance and a writer of business column in Philippine daily inquirer. He has already appeared in TV programs and his profound expertise and wisdom in investment was all I wanted to learn. In his book he highlights 5 steps in managing your finances, Step 1: Improving Cash Flow,Step 2: Getting Out of Debt,Step 3: Setting up Your Emergency Fund Step 4: Getting Protected from Life’s Risks,Step 5: Investing for Your Future. 




Stock Smarts-Marvin Germo



This is by far my favorite book which skyrocketed me in the stock market.I'm an accidental investor. I was just scanning some books in the bookstore because I have nothing to do and BOOM, I saw a treasure hidden on a shelf. Stock market seems to be an alien thing and has been deemed for years only for the rich, the intelligent, and the risk taker.This book breaks it  down to its simplest form and inspired employees, professionals and business people to participate and make money in the market. 




Turtle Always Wins-Bo Sanchez


Either you haven't started yet or you are a newbie investor, you would sure love this book.I always made this as birthday gifts to my friends and they just can't stop reading it and they end up investing. Bo Sanchez is a great storyteller with humorous twists.Stock Market should not intimidate you. In this book you will learn how long-term investing beats other strategies in the market if you will do it consistently. 



The Intelligent Investor-Benjamin Graham  




This is the only foreign foreign book on the list and if you are already investing, this is a must read for you. This book has influenced the young Warren Buffet that made him what he is today, the greatest investor of all time and a multi-Billionaire. I  got one in the "Book for Less" store in Starmall Shaw for just 199.00 pesos. In this book you get to learn the fundamental of value investing. Looking for an undervalued stocks and invest on them.





The Trading Code-Jason Cam 

If you are shifting from a long-term investor to a trader, or doing both, this is a good book for you because this is written in  Pinoy setting. We have so limited resources for trading and technical analysis and most of them are coming from American Authors. The Trading Code is perfect for beginners, advance traders and investors. What you would learn from this book are simple, replicable, and effective in any time frame, any stock, and any market.








Subscribe to my blog for free: 
                          

You can also join our community group in Facebook :
   

You can also follow our Facebook Page:

 You can message me here: 

 investambayan@gmail.com





0 comments:

Post a Comment