September 12, 2016

A Former OFW to a Multi-Millionaire




Do you want a piece of inspiration? We have heard stories both good and bad about our OFW kababayans. One thing for sure and still undebatable,  they've done something to our nation that we have to be proud of forever. Kudos to our kababayans! They deserve a very bright future after their long toil away from home!

 However, handling money for most of OFWs have been a challenge. I knew many friends who went abroad and end up broke. That was the sad part, but few have stood up and made a difference. Thinking long-term pays off! Here's the story of Mr. Lambert Aquino, a former OFW. He posted it in Traders Empire, An Fb Group for investors and traders.





 "Share ko lang yung story ko baka sakaling maka inspire sa iba lalo na sa mga OFW na nagpapakahirap sa ibang bansa para sa family. High Shool graduate lang ako kaya at the age of 20 nakipagsapalaran na ako sa ibang bansa para kumita ng pera at para makatulong sa magulang. I worked in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia for 30 years as a baker, mahirap talaga kumita ng pera kaya naging matipid ako at nag ipon ng nag ipon.

 (I just want to share my story perhaps it will inspire others especially OFW's who are working so hard abroad for their family. I am only a high school graduate, at the age of 20 I went abroad to earn and to help my parents. I worked in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia as a baker for 30 years. It was hard to earn so I saved regularly) 

 Last 2005 tumigil na ako dito sa atin sa Pinas, nakapundar ako ng bahay para sa magulang ko at sarili kong bahay para sa family ko. Sa 30 years ko sa Saudi, 2 Million pesos ang naipon ko at naisip ko dapat may pagkakitaan ako para di to maubos basta basta na lang. Nagtayo ako ng maliit na bakery dito sa amin parang Kambal Pandesal or Julie's Bakeshop ang dating, almost 500K ang naubos ko. Bale 1.5 pa natira sa savings ko, naisip ko na dapat may retirement funds ako para di ko na poproblemahin ang monthly na gastusin pag senior citizen na ako. 

 (Last 2005 I retired as an OFW and stay here for good. I was able to build a house for my parents and for my own family. Within 30 years in Saudi, I was able to save 2 Million pesos and I was thinking of something which I can earn or else I would just be spending my hard-earned money. I established a small bakery in our place (similar to Kambal Pandesal or Julie's Bakeshop).I spent 500 K, so all in all, I have a remaining 1.5 Million pesos savings. I was thinking that I have to have a retirement funds so that I have something to spend for my maintenance when I become a senior citizen.)

 Nag research ako sa internet regarding investment, ayun si COL Financial ang nakita ko, medyo nag aalangan ako kasi alam ko mga mayayaman lang mga nag iinvest or yung may mga magandang natapos na kurso. Umattend ako ng free seminar nila, bago ako pumunta nilista ko lahat ng gusto kong malaman. During seminar, nagtanong talaga ako ng nagtanong dun sa speaker, halatang wala akong alam. Haha! After ng seminar, ayun naliwanagan ako. Hindi scam/pyramiding ang Stock Market, nalaman ko rin na pwede akong mag invest dun sa mga kilalang companies. 

 (I did the research about investments and COL Financial popped up, I was hesitant at first because I'm aware that only rich people and professionals are investing in the Stock Market. I attended their free seminar. Before I went there, I listed down all that I want to know. During the seminar, I asked all of the possible questions. It was very obvious that I did not know anything; but after the seminar I got it already. Stock Market is not a scam or pyramiding, I also learned that I can invest in big and popular companies) 

To Learn more about Stock Market, You can read it here Getting Started in the Stock Market

 A month after nung seminar, nag open ako ng account sa COL, I decided na yung 500K iinvest ko then yung natirang 1 Million is saving/emergency fund. Isa sa natutunan ko during the seminar, dapat bilhin mong stocks eh yung company na kayang tumagal ng more than 50 years at talagang tinatangkilik ng mga tao ang products nila tulad ng bakery, umulan umaraw bibili sayo ang mga tao basta masarap lang ang tinapay mo. 

 (After a month, I opened an account with COL Financial. I decided to invest 500 K and then 1 Million pesos as my emergency fund. One thing I learned during the seminar, I need to buy stocks of the companies that can last for more than 50 years and people should enjoy their products continuously like bakery. Anytime people are buying as long as your bread is delicious.)

 Ayun, hinati ko sa dalawang stocks yung 500K. Bata pa lang ako madalas ko na makita sa advestisement at TV commercials yan sila at madalas din kasi bilhin ng mga tao ang products nila. in short in demand sa kahit anong edad/estado sa buhay-mayaman ka man o normal na tao. 

 (I divided the 500 K fund on two stocks(Jollibee and Universal Robina Corp.I already saw them on advertisement and on TV commercial since I was young and their products have been household names. Their products are very in demand, to any ages/ and status) 

 Last September 10,2016 was my 60th birthday and this year din ang 10th anniversary ko sa stock market, 10 years ko ng hawak yan sila at subrang happy ako that I made the right decision10 yeas ago. Plano ko na ipa transfer sa anak ko yung account dahil ayokong bitawan sila dahil naniniwala ako after 50 years bahagi pa din sila ng pamilyang Pilipino." 

 (On September 10,2016 was my 60th birthday and also my 10 anniversary in the Stock Market. I keep my stocks for 10 years and I'm so happy that I made the right decision 10 years ago. I'm planning to transfer my account to my child since I dont want to sell my shares because I believe that after 50 years, these companies will still be part of Filipino family)


(PS: Dummy account gamit ko for safety reason, pero yung real account ko ay member din                 dito.) 



 There's only 1% of Filipino population who are investing in the Stock Market today and sadly they missed a very good opportunity. My challenge to the OFWs is to take advantage on this and put you're hard-earned money that can grow exponentially and can last long.

 I'm an avid fan of delayed gratification and it also shows up on my investment plan. My goal is to retire after 20-30 years and most of my stocks are for long-term. I have few for short-term but I made sure that when I gain a profit, I reinvested it for my long-term stocks...Just like Mr. Lambert Aquino, always think of something long term,What would be my life after 10 years-20 years from now? In my previous blog, you can also read my story on How I made my First Million in the Stock Market.


 What you will do today will impact your life in the future...







 If you're inspired of his story, here are the data that you can also see ( I have these stocks in my bucket):


 credit to the owner

 UNIVERSAL ROBINA CORP. (URC ) a Blue-chip stock and considered as one of the top companies in the country and have long been proven as a very stable organization for decades of its leadership in business.

credit to the owner


 JOLLIBEE FOOD CORP. (JFC) another Blue chip stock which has become part of the Filipino consumers. It is a growing company and now extending outside the country.


Related Articles:
How I Made My First Million in the Stock Market


Best Books for Investor-Wannabes

Stock Market Ka Ba? Kasi ang hirap mong Intindihin! Ganern

Start Now Not Later! Here are the Reasons Why...

Do you want to learn how to become a Successful Investor?

  Subscribe to my blog for free: 

                          
                          www.investambayan.com

  You can also join our community group in Facebook :

   
                         Investambayan Fb Group

  You can also follow our Facebook Page:


                             @investambayan 


  You can message me here: 


                        investambayan@gmail.com









6 comments:

  1. A truly inspiring story, This is my first time to work abroad. I pray that soon I could do same thing you did.


    It feels good when you know someone does same thing and became succesful.

    I know it is still up to me how I will be able to do it.

    I am also investing my hard earned momey in the stock market. I pray soon they will grow by Almighty's grace.


    ReplyDelete
  2. A truly inspiring story, This is my first time to work abroad here im dubai. I pray that soon I could do same thing you did.


    It feels good when you know someone does same thing and became succesful.

    I know it is still up to me how I will be able to do it.

    I am also investing my hard earn momey in the stock market. I pray soon they will grow by Almighty's grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A truly inspiring story, This is my first time to work abroad in UAE. I pray that soon I could do same thing you did.


    It feels good when you know someone does same thing and became succesful.

    I know it is still up to me how I will be able to do it.

    I am also investing my hard earn momey in the stock market. I pray soon they will grow by Almighty's grace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A truly inspiring story, This is my first time to work abroad in UAE. I pray that soon I could do same thing you did.


    It feels good when you know someone does same thing and became succesful.

    I know it is still up to me how I will be able to do it.

    I am also investing my hard earn momey in the stock market. I pray soon they will grow by Almighty's grace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're way to go...Just be consistent with your saving habit and investing will just be a piece of cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paulit ulit, paulit ulit
    Just kidding @kre kre :)

    This is good insight. A good stock must always have a positive future outlook.
    I just felt a little sad to know that our hero is now in his old age and has accepted his future fate to live in his son's memory...

    ReplyDelete